So last week was tough…it was a solid 2/10 – all of the good stuff was more than overshadowed by feelings of disappointment, feelings of extreme anxiety and feelings of insecurity. Last week was a definite walking through treacle week – negative thoughts were racing through my mind and I was finding it near impossible to ignore them which lead to me being grumpy, needy and neurotic. 2017 was starting to look like it was my year, but suddenly the carpet was whipped out from underneath me and I didn’t know how to stand anymore.
This was until a friend suggested I write down and reinforce the good things in my life (Thank you, Matt!), so here goes nothing!
- I have a job, working with some of the best people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.
- I have a beautiful flat.
- I have a family that love me to the end of the earth.
- I have wonderful friends that will help me to get through anything.
- I am confident.
- I do not need anyone else to validate me.
- I am attractive.
- I am accomplished.
- I am determined.
- I am enough.
- I am funny.
- I am kind.
- I am lucky beyond measure.
Sometimes it can feel like the odds are stacked against you and there is nothing you can do to stop it – this was the case for me last week; a condition that I cannot help having felt like it was shutting doors on me left, right and centre.
- I am stronger than my set-backs.
- I am stronger than my insecurities.
- I am stronger than my anxieties and worries.
- I am stronger than my disappointment.
- I am stronger than my bipolar.
- I am Emily.
- I am strong.
I am Emily, and I am strong.
I am EMILY and I am STRONG.
Bring it on.